Waking up to a torrential downpour outside makes it uninspiring to put together an outfit choice. With many choices in rainwear available, it is easy to “get by” with a mash-up of pieces and leave style for sunnier days. I would like to inspire you to shop for a rainy day outfit that shines, and makes you want rain in your forecast–almost.
- Start with a trench–not only is it “in” right now, but I can’t remember a time when it was out. Try J.Crew’s Icon Trench, with fun ruching detail on the back of the collar this classic has staying power and personality. Have some fun by adding some color with a scarf, I love Anthropologie’s Waterflower Scarf in orange.
- Be sure to pick up a cute pair of rain boots. These Hunter boots designed by Jimmy Choo are unique, but versatile enoughto wear when it isn’t raining. Try them with a pair of fun tights, like these Speckled Tights from Anthropologie.
- A hat can help keep your hair in place when wind accompanies rain. A wool version will keep you warm and stylish even if it gets wet.
- A fun umbrella can set you apart from the crowd. I like the Piccolo Umbrella in green, since I know it won’t go out of style for years, and won’t break when I need it most.
- Lastly, if you live in an area where it rains frequently, I would personally invest in the Wellie Magee bag–made out of rubber it will keep all your possessions out of the weather without becoming damaged, and its cheery stripes are simply adorable.
Hope you make the most of this weather while it lasts, and have fun shopping!