It’s Monday again and I’m mourning the loss of the weekend. And these Monday blues call for a little retail therapy. I’m clearly still on my black and white kick and highest up on my wish list is the Mansur Gavriel bucket bag. It’s been an understated it bag for the last few years, but now that it’s finally available online without a wait list I’m just about ready to take the plunge. Watch this space.
Sometimes you just need a couple easy, stylish pieces in your wardrobe to throw on in a pinch: accessories that make a statement, but don’t take much thought to work into an outfit. From a convertible and understated hobo purse perfect for daytime adventures, to a fun and intricate cuff of a Moroccan cityscape, these are all the accessories on my wishlist right now. I just bought that scarf above (on sale now!) and I can’t wait for it to arrive– pom-poms make everything better, right?
What’s on your wishlist right now?
Spring is usually a difficult season to dress for in Northern California. There are chilly mornings and warm afternoons, then breezy and foggy evenings that make it near impossible to appropriately dress for the weather. Layering truly is king around here, and I’m always thankful when I remember to grab a scarf as I run out the door in the morning. Adding a scarf is also my favorite way to update my winter wardrobe– adding a floral or batik scarf to a plain dark sweater updates my look and lengthens the seasonality of my cold-weather clothes. I’m especially loving the first and ninth scarves in this round up– the floral would be so easy to mix with it’s wide variety of colors, and the wide black and white stripes are perfectly on point for spring.
Do you have a favorite spring scarf? Share it in the comments!
Waking up to a torrential downpour outside makes it uninspiring to put together an outfit choice. With many choices in rainwear available, it is easy to “get by” with a mash-up of pieces and leave style for sunnier days. I would like to inspire you to shop for a rainy day outfit that shines, and makes you want rain in your forecast–almost.
- Start with a trench–not only is it “in” right now, but I can’t remember a time when it was out. Try J.Crew’s Icon Trench, with fun ruching detail on the back of the collar this classic has staying power and personality. Have some fun by adding some color with a scarf, I love Anthropologie’s Waterflower Scarf in orange.
- Be sure to pick up a cute pair of rain boots. These Hunter boots designed by Jimmy Choo are unique, but versatile enoughto wear when it isn’t raining. Try them with a pair of fun tights, like these Speckled Tights from Anthropologie.
- A hat can help keep your hair in place when wind accompanies rain. A wool version will keep you warm and stylish even if it gets wet.
- A fun umbrella can set you apart from the crowd. I like the Piccolo Umbrella in green, since I know it won’t go out of style for years, and won’t break when I need it most.
- Lastly, if you live in an area where it rains frequently, I would personally invest in the Wellie Magee bag–made out of rubber it will keep all your possessions out of the weather without becoming damaged, and its cheery stripes are simply adorable.
Hope you make the most of this weather while it lasts, and have fun shopping!